We know hair straighteners are great handy items for flattening curly hair, but hair straighteners become dirty with use.
Primary reasons for becoming hair straighteners dirty are the residuals of hair products and oils that we apply on hair; they stick with the metal plates and decrease the performance and awful smell when using the straightener.
To keep hair straightener smooth, smell free, and in the maintained condition, we need a proper cleaning of the hair straightener.
How I clean my hair straightener?
Here is the detail at hairstraightenerhub.com of steps for cleaning a hair straightener that smells to make it clean and smell free.
- First of all, plug-in your straightener and put it on heating; heat will melt the grime and residuals. Keep your straightener on for a few minutes, and it will become easy for you to remove the dirt and grime from the plates and other parts of the straightener.
- Now unplug the straightener and leave it for five minutes to become cool, do not clean the hot straightener; it may cause burning.
- Make sure that the straightener has become cold enough that you can touch it, now take a washcloth or paper towel and try to clean the straightener. Rinse hot water and make it clean and make sure you have completed all the basic cleaning.
- Now move toward the deep cleaning of your hair straightener to make it free from bad smells.
- You can use a special cleaner of hair straightener or alcohol; first, make sure that the straightener is cold; now, soak a couple of cotton balls in alcohol.
- Now clean up the straightener with alcohol-dipped cotton balls, and it is better if you use a q-tip to clean the crannies and nooks; after cleaning, take a wet cloth and wipe the straightener again.
- In the next step, remove the smell from preparing a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide in a bowl, shake them well and prepare and properly mix the paste. Now rub the paste on the straightener with your finger or through a soft cloth; it will remove the build-up by hairspray, gel, and oil.
- The remaining small parts of the straightener can only be clean with a toothbrush or a magic eraser. With a toothbrush, apply the paste on the remaining small or hidden parts of the hair straightener, but gently move the toothbrush. Try to cover all small parts of the straightener.
- Now take cream relaxer which we use for curly hair, to clean the hair straightener’s surface. Apply a relaxer on the body and plug-in the straightener and leave it for fifteen minutes, unplug it and make it cool; when it becomes cool, remove the relaxer from the straightener’s surface with a soft wet cloth.
Hair straightener with use become dirty and gives bad smell during service. To remove the bad smell, we need a proper cleaning of the hair straightener. It would be best to clean your hair straightener properly by following all the above steps to make it fresh, clean, and free from smell.